Manticore's Motley

This is a showcase for my constant experiments in the realms of art and alternative fashion accessories. Everything you'll see here has been hand made by yours truly. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in making a purchase. Also feel free to click on the links at the bottom.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ticktock ticktock...still waiting

I hope to get the pics of the new leather up soon. In the meantime, I'll pop out a few descriptions.

First is another bondage collar, built on the same model as the "pretty in pink" The pink plaques have been replaced with squared off pieces of a motherboard and secured with four spikes each, instead of two.

Second is a set of patchwork bondage cuffs. They're done up in mainly red and brown, with accents of blue, green, black, and grey. They are made to match the patchwork pants that I'm still working on. (Five months and counting)

Third is a choker made from three steel O-rings bound in copper wire and set on a black suede band with more copper wire accents. It's probably the nicest looking of the whole set.

The final piece is something of a half success. It's based on the design of a "buckle-less" bondage collar. It's a solid band of leather that snaps at both ends to a stainless O-ring. The band is green with bits of brown trim. I made the band using an "invisible stitch", but it took me a while to get the hang of it. There is some deformation to the leather because of it. Another snag came from trying to affix the snaps. No matter how hard I try, the rivet post that holds the snaps together keeps getting skewed sideways, ruining the snap, and preventing the pieces from attaching to one another. So far, I've tried nine times, and only gotten it to work on the first attempt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home